The job role oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour. This individual will be an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates with the following stakeholders Developers, Account Managers, ICT Infrastructure engineers, Customer Service, Corporate services, Human Resource, Digital & Creative Marketing, etc to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
- Ensuring all content on-brand is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Cooperating with other staff/Agency writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our platforms (including blog posts, whitepapers, eBooks, Product Fliers, Product Brochure, Case Studies, Customer Stories, reports, Newsletters, infographics, etc.).
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers).
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Work closely with Graphic Artist/Digital Media Executive on all creative, branding and content initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- ELeveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioural metrics.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real- time implementation of content strategies.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Proficiency in marketing automation and blogging tools in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into leads, and then nurture them (using dynamic workflows) into converted customers.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing and digital production. Proven experience delivering effective and innovative digital campaigns.
- Proven experience delivering a variety of digital assets, including rich media online ads, microsites, and social media applications.
- Experience managing successful social media campaigns, and a solid understanding of social marketing. Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Must be able to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple lines of business.
- Strong management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience delivering digital campaigns for mainstream products and services.
- Market/Industry Knowledge: ability to tailor content to the specific needs to target audience.
- Editorial skills
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- People management skill
- Excellent negotiator and mediator. Incredible people skills
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms
- willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies
- Story telling like an educator
- Clear articulation of the business goal
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story. Comfortable with acting as the company’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyse data and spot trends.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of first degree in the social sciences/ Mass Communications, English
- 1-4 years working experience in a Marketing/Sales role
- A member of National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria(NIMN) or Chartered Institute of Marketing(CIM) is an advantage